Pressure transducers convert liquid or gas pressures into electric
quantities. According to measuring purposes, they are connected
to various instruments for monitoring, recording and controlling
They have highly precise dedicated self-temperaturecompensated strain gages incorporated as pressure detecting elements and feature a hermetically-sealed structure with inert gas filled in, ensuring superior linearity, thermal characteristics and waterproofness. Thus, they enable highly precise and stable pressure measurement for a long period of time in a wide range of fields including chemical, machinery and steelmaking.
Pressure transducers cannot be used in hydrogen environment.
They cannot be used if the object pressure medium is hydrogen.
- Long-term stable operation
- Highly precise
- Excellent thermal characteristics
Types of Pressure
Absolute pressure is a pressure expressed by referring to vacuum (complete) pressure as zero. It is mainly used in physical science for expressing atmospheric pressure, etc. Absolute pressure is calculated by following formula : absolute pressure = atmospheric pressure + gage pressure. KYOWA mentions absolute pressure as “abs.” to differenciate absolute pressures to gage pressures.
Gage pressure is a pressure expressed by referring to atmospheric or ambient pressure as zero. Industrially, it is merely called pressure unless otherwise noted. Pressure higher than atmospheric or ambient pressure is called positive gage pressure and pressure lower than atmospheric or ambient pressure, negative gage pressure. Though ISO recommends to affix "Pe" or "Gage" to gage pressure, KYOWA does not affix either of them to gage pressure.
Differential pressure is a difference between a specific pressure and other. Thus, it may be either positive or negative.
Relations between Pressure Units
Typical Installation with Standard Accessories
Screw Standard Conversion Adaptors(G-to-R Conversion)
To Ensure Safe Usage
- Install each pressure transducer with the tightening torque stated in the Instruction Manual.
- Do not apply any load exceeding the safe overload rating. Excess load may break the pressure transducer.
- If pressure is applied repetitively, select a model which satisfies the following 2 requirements:
- The rated capacity covers the peak pressure.
- 50% the rated capacity covers the maximum pressure amplitude.
- If the pressure transducer may receive an unexpected excess pressure, select a model with a higher rated capacity. Especially, in the case of a pressure transducer with a higher rated capacity, if there exists air in the measuring medium, install a protective case around the pressure transducer for safety assurance.