Information on Our Company’s Handling of the EU’s RoHS Directive
A new RoHS Directive (2011/65/EU) was published on July 1st, 2011. This directive was applied starting on July 22nd, 2017. Please be informed of how our company handles this directive.
1. Applicable Category and Effective Date
Our company’s products fall under category 9 (monitoring and control instruments), which is listed in Annex I of RoHS Directive 2011/65/EU.
Our company is progressively supplying products that comply with the directive.
In addition, regarding the RoHS Directive amendment (2011/65/EU, (EU)2015/863）, we plan to ensure that our products comply by July 2021. However, such compliance will not be possible for some products due to the nature of their components.
2. CE Marking
To display the CE Marking on a product, it must comply with the EU’s RoHS Directive. Because the applicable directive differs based on the product type, functions, and other characteristics, please check our website, brochures, instruction manuals, and other specifications to determine the specific EU directive compliance of each product.
Note that the CE Marking is for electrical and electronic equipment and does not apply to resistors and other parts.
Strain gages, etc. are treated as parts, so the CE Marking does not apply. The packages of strain gages that satisfy the regulations stipulated by the RoHS Directive are being changed to show RoHS instead of CE. However, during the transition period, there is a possibility of products that show CE being shipped.
Products that are compliant with RoHS Directive 2011/65/EU and have the CE Marking
- Electronic measuring instruments (AC power type): RoHS Directive,EMC Directive and Low Voltage Directive
- Electronic measuring instruments (DC power type): RoHS Directive and EMC Directive
- Telemeter: RoHS Directive, Radio Equipment Directive
- Strain gage transducers: RoHS Directive
- Strain gage transducers with built-in amplifiers: RoHS Directive and EMC Directive
- Encapsulated gages: RoHS Directive
RoHS Directive(2011/65/EU), EMC Directive(2014/30/EU)
Low Voltage Directive(2014/35/EU), Radio Equipment Directive(2014/53/EU)