Environment compliant products
Introduction of KYOWA public information about European RoHS directive compliant products.
Information on Our Company’s Handling of the EU’s RoHS Directive
A new RoHS Directive (2011/65/EU ,(EU)2015/863) was published on June, 2015. This directive was applied starting on July 22nd, 2021. Please be informed of how our company handles this directive.
Applicable Category and Effective Date
Our company’s products fall under category 9 (monitoring and control instruments), which is listed in Annex I of RoHS Directive 2011/65/EU.
Our company is progressively supplying products that comply with the directive.
However, there may be incompatibilities, depending on the product, due to differences in the component parts.
To display the CE Marking on a product, it must comply with the EU’s RoHS Directive.
Because the applicable directive differs based on the product type, functions, and other characteristics, please check our website, brochures, instruction manuals, and other specifications to determine the specific EU directive compliance of each product.
Note that the CE Marking is for electrical and electronic equipment and does not apply to resistors and other parts.
Strain gages, etc. are treated as parts, so the CE Marking does not apply. Strain gages that comply with the RoHS Directive have "RoHS" on the package label.
- Electronic measuring instruments (AC power type): RoHS Directive, EMC Directive, and Low Voltage Directive
- Electronic measuring instruments (DC power type): RoHS Directive and EMC Directive
- Telemeter: RoHS Directive, Radio Equipment Directive
- Strain gage transducers: RoHS Directive
- Strain gage transducers with built-in amplifiers: RoHS Directive and EMC Directive
- Encapsulated gages: RoHS Directive
RoHS Directive(2011/65/EU, (EU)2015/863), EMC Directive(2014/30/EU)
Low Voltage Directive(2014/35/EU), Radio Equipment Directive(2014/53/EU)